Calling all Coronation Street fans who have regularly watched the show for the last 20 years
We would like to invite you to take part in our study on face recognition, which features characters from the show. All participants will have the opportunity to enter a free prize draw to win a £25 Amazon voucher!
Researchers at the Open University and University of Plymouth are looking for participants who have regularly watched Coronation Street for the last 20 years to take part in a face recognition task.
Participants will be shown face images of Coronation Street characters. The task is simply to look at the images and determine whether they show a good likeness of the character. Participants will also be asked to complete a name judgement task. It is estimated that the full study will take no more than 20 minutes to complete. If you think this might be of interest to someone you know, then please pass on this invitation to them. Please note that taking part in this study is completely voluntary.
This research has been reviewed by and received a favourable opinion from the Open University’s Human Research Ethics Committee (HREC/4672/Laurence)
This study can only be completed on a computer or laptop screen.
You can volunteer if you:
• regularly watch Coronation Street and have done so for the last 20 years (since 2003).
• watch Coronation Street at least once a week (in a typical week).
• Are aged 30 years or over
• Have normal or corrected to normal vision (e.g., you have normal vision when you wear glasses or contact lenses).
• Have no cognitive impairments
• Are fluent in English